Want your kids to eat more plant-based? Or have vegan kiddos and not sure what to give them for a snack? I mean, you want something nourishing but also easy to eat and kid-friendly, right? I feel ya! Finding vegan snacks for kids to put in the lunch boxes, to take to soccer practice, or on a road trip can be a bit tricky if you’re not sure where to start. SO! After working with a lot of vegan and predominately plant-based parents, I present to you….8 vegan snacks for kids!
8 Vegan Snacks For Kids
1. Clif Z BarSimilar in taste and texture as CLIF bars but with a bit of a drizzle to make it seem fancy and in a smaller kid friendly size. The soft vegan bars are easy to eat and don’t crumble (no cleaning up a mess later!). They taste amazing and even I like one for a light pre-workout snack. The ClIF Z Bars are all vegan and available in these flavors: chocolate chip, iced oatmeal cookie, chocolate brownie, and cookie dough. Read the hundreds of review on Amazon and pick up your box today.
2. Orgain Organic Kids Energy Bar, Chocolate Chip Do your kids have a hard time eating enough fruits and vegetables? Then they may benefit from these vegan Orgain bars that have 7g of fiber. The vegan snack bars for kids are also non-GMO made from whole grain gluten free oats and are also soy free. Each bar is lower on the protein side (2 grams per bar) but I appreciate Orgain’s dedication to create a lower sugar vegan snack bar for kids with 6 grams of sugar. Try warming the bar up for a few seconds as an alternative to a chocolate chip cookie! You’ll want the vegan Orgain Organic Kids Energy Bar just to try that treat!
BEAR yoyos are a healthy version of a fruit roll up! With fruits and vegetables blended, dried, and in a fun roll shape, kids and adults love eating these vegan snacks. Spirulina is added to the apple flavor which is fantastic as it’s not in many snack foods and has a ton of nutritional benefits including: reducing blood pressure, improving gut health, helping to manage diabetes and weight, and contains a variety of vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, and calcium. BEAR yoyo vegan fruit snacks do not contain added sugar and aren’t as sticky – making them a great vegan snack for kids. Try BEAR Real Fruit Yoyos today and prepare to love your new dried fruit snack.
4. MySuperCookies Organic Whole Grain Cookies, Variety PackLooking for a healthier vegan snack alternative the standard animal cracker or graham cracker?? MySuperCookies are your winning ticket. Made with whole grains (whole wheat, whole brown rice, quinoa) and chia seeds, these small but mighty crackers are more nutritionally dense but still kid approved. MySuperCookies vegan snacks for kids are organic and nut-free, making them suitable to take to school or for those kiddos with nut allergies. Nutritionally, you’ll find 2 grams of fiber and 2 grams of protein per serving and only 6 grams of added sugar. MySuperCookies are a great portable ready-to-go vegan snack for kids that will make your life easier and make your kids happy!
5. MeWe Baby – Delicious Nut Butter SnacksWant to give your kids something with a bit more protein and not so much sugar? These MeWe packets are portable and easy to give babies 6+ months or older (or when ready to introduce foods) to toddlers to elementary school kids. The packets are designed to be a way to introduce peanuts to infants, but I find that these tasty treats are just good spread on bread, crackers, or for older kids to enjoy. With 3 grams of protein in a tiny package, this is great to get a vegan snack into a child who doesn’t always want to take the time for a snack because it’s small but mighty. A lot of my clients and friends love MeWe Baby vegan snacks for their kiddos and I know you will to.
6. That’s it – 100% Natural Real Fruit BarSimilar to the dried fruit snack mentioned before but what’s unique about the That’s It vegan fruit bars is that they disclose how much fruit is in each bar. I love this transparency and I know you will too. This way, you can have a better idea of how much fruit you or your child is consuming with each vegan snack. With no added sugar and allergen free, That’s It Vegan Fruit Bars come in a variety of flavors but I recommend trying the That’s It Variety Pack first to get a sense of which flavors you and your children like the best first. Although, this could be dangerous because there is a very real possibility that you’ll enjoy them all!
7. HIPPEAS Organic Chickpea PuffsDo you or your children want a snack that’s more on the savory/salty/crunchy side and not the sweet side?? Then these vegan HIPPEAS are the perfect snack for you or your child. With each 1oz bag providing 3 grams of fiber and 4 grams of protein from chickpeas, these puffy snacks are cheesy but still vegan! If you have nostalgic memories about white cheddar puffs but now you follow a vegan lifestyle, these are the vegan snacks to not only enjoy yourself but give your kids! Rest assured they’ll be eating a healthy snack – but watch out – introduce them to HIPPEAS Chickpea Puffs and you may have to hide a bag for yourself – they are that good!
8. Spudsy Sweet Potato Puffs Last but certainly not least on the list of vegan snacks for kids we have Spudsy Sweet Potato Puffs. These sweet potato puffs are free of the top 8 allergens and do something a bit different. … Spudsy upcycles unwanted or unused sweet potatoes that are still “good” but just not pretty enough to land in your grocery store. From these potatoes, sweet potato puffs! It’s a great switcheroo and is environmentally conscience as well. There vegan sweet potato puffs come in a few different flavors (including vegan cheese), but each one containes 1 gram of fiber and 3 grams of protein per serving. These are a great vegan snack for kids because they are soft and easy to chew but nutrient dense. If you have littler kiddos and you’re concerned about added salt, opt for the cinnamon flavor as there is only 30mg of sodium and 5 grams of added sugar (still on the low side). Grab your bag of Spudsy Sweet Potato Puffs and get those kids to start snacking well!
There you have it, 8 vegan snacks for kids. Have you tried any of these snacks for yourself or your family? If so, comment below and let us know how you liked them. We love being able to help fellow vegans find delicious and nutritious products for yourselves and the entire family.