Rather than eat something totally untasty the next time you need a snack, as a self-proclaimed snack lover, I wanted to provide you with ___ vegan snack options when you’re on the run. Maybe you’re on a road trip and you need snacks so you don’t cave to gas station vegan chips like Fritos or Gardettos. You want something healthier but without it taking much time or without it costing and arm and a leg.
When it comes to vegan snacks on the go, I think there are two categories – store bought and whole food based snacks. Because there is a place for both types of snacks, I wanted to give you options for both.
10 Vegan On The Go Snacks – Whole Food Options
If you’re looking for “real food” snack options and you’re vegan, below you’ll find some great healthy choices that combine fiber and protein to help keep you satisfied and to help fill in nutritional gaps. Some are more on the go friendly than others but I hope this gives you some inspiration!
- Apple and Almonds
- Carrots dipped in Peanut Butter
- Celery dipped in Almond Butter
- Red Bell Pepper eaten like an apple!
- cucumber dipped in hummus
- Banana and Walnuts
- Pear dipped in Almond Butter
- Whole Grain Seedy Crackers (like Trader Joe’s Crispbread) – seeds make up base + handful of nuts
- Homemade trail mix with walnuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds, dried fruit
- Half and Avocado eaten with a spoon and Seedy Crackers
6 Vegan On The Go Snacks – Healthy Packaged Options
These options I’ll discuss in a bit more detail because you may not be as familiar with some of the vegan snack options. All options have a few grams of fiber and a few grams to a hefty amount of protein to help fill in the nutritional gaps and meet energy needs.
1. Bobo’s Oat Bars Bites – Peanut Butter and JellyThese little mini muffin esque bites are wholesome and hearty and packed with nutrition including 2 grams of fiber and 2 grams of protein. The individually wrapped bites make it easy to pop into a backpack, a purse, a glovebox, or a briefcase – wherever you may need that vegan snack! These small but mighty bites ward off hunger much longer than you would expect with their small size and if you’re in a rush, what could be easier than noshing on a few bite snack?? I will say my husband throws the whole thing into his mouth at once, but to each their own! Bobo’s Oat Bar Bites come in a variety of flavors but I highly recommend the Peanut Butter and Jelly or the Lemon Poppyseed ones.
These crunchy and salty snacks are super satisfying and since you’re essentially eating beans, they are vegan and highly nutritious! With only 100 calories per package, 5 grams of fiber, and 7 grams of protein, these little nuggets are great on the go! Eat them as is or toss them into a salad or soup for a fiber and protein boost. I recommend the variety pack so you can find your favorite and take these individual vegan snacks wherever your snacking takes you!
Have a real salty tooth and need a protein boost?? SimplyProtein Crunchy Crisps could be a good option for you. Each bag has only 140 calories and 16 grams of protein from pea protein isolate. However, to prevent the protein from becoming too bittter, salt or sugar needs to be added and in this case, the vegan snack offers up quite a bit of salt… 440mg per serving. That’s almost as much salt as you should be having in an entire meal! So is it the best well rounded option? Not necessarily. But, if you’re looking for a vegan snack on the go that’s not sweet and that provides a boat load of protein, SimplyProtein Crunchy Crisps can be a good option. I would suggest drinking adequate fluid and avoid this high salt snack if you’re about to take off on a long flight to prevent swelling! If you’re grabbing these individual vegan snack bags post workout, SimplyProtein Crunchy Chips are a great option! Check out SimplyProtein Crunchy Chips HERE.
4. Enjoy Life Vegan & Allergy Friendly Grab & Go Protein Bites – Dark RaspberryOn the opposite side of the spectrum, are you looking for a vegan snack on the go that’s on the sweeter side?? Check out the Enjoy Life Grab & Go Protein Bites in the Dark Raspberry Flavor. Made with vegan semisweet chocolate and dried raspberries plus sunflower protein and rice protein these tiny rich morsels are a fantastic combination of protein meets sweet tooth snacking. With 220 calories, 4 grams of fiber, and 8 grams of protein per individual vegan snack bag, these morsels are a real home run if you have a sweet tooth but want to snack on something vegan and chocolately on the go. Check out Enjoy Life Grab and Go Protein Bites in Dark Raspberry HERE.
Frooze Balls are individual packs of 5 “Frooze Balls” which are fruit + seed/nut based snacks. Think about all those recipes on Pinterest that us a food processor to chop up dried fruit and nuts into tiny pieces which are then very meticulously pressed into a ball for Instagram worthy shots…that’s what these are but without any of the work of making them or cleaning up the mess. This means Frooze Balls make a truly awesome vegan on the go snack! Each ball has about 1 gram of protein and 1 gram of fiber and with 5 balls per bag, that’s a solid 5 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber to help fill you up whether you’re on the run out the door, hiking, walking, cycling, or just chasing after little ones. These bite size Frooze Balls are wholesome without filler ingredients (no protein powder, no added sugar, no funny ingredients) and make for a truly epic vegan on the go snack!
These 5 ingredient vegan snacks contain no added sugar and because the base is buckwheat, it’s a gluten free, grain free (buckwheat is considered a seed) vegan snack that contains a substantial amount of nutrition for that on the go snacking. Each serving (3 “noshes”) contains 5 grams of fiber and 5 grams of protein to help fuel and energize for your day. Dates are the first ingredient so although there is no added sugar, these nuggets are just sweet enough with a dash of cinnamon for a cozy vegan snack you can take with you anywhere. BuckWHAT Buckwheat Bites are especially great for families who have kids with allergies or if you need allergen friendly snacks. Find BuckWHAT Buckwheat Bites in all 4 flavors HERE.