Note: All links below go to Amazon.
When it comes to finding vegan snacks that taste good and help meet your nutrition needs, things are getting easier as more and more vegan snack foods hit the market. However, many vegan snacks are loaded with salt, sugar, or a lot of calories. When I talk about snacks, generally consuming about 200 calories at a snack is a good idea. This helps meet nutritional gaps from meals throughout the day and also prevent additional or excessive calorie intake. When I talk to my patients about vegan snacks, I ensure that the snack options are high in protein and fiber to help keep them full. So, with the 5 vegan snacks I’ve recommended below, you’ll find they are not only nutritionally adequate but easy to take with you on-the-go without creating a fuss.
5 Vegan Plant-Based Snacks (Less than 200 calories)
- Bobo’s Oat Bar Bites – Lemon Poppyseed – Bobo’s Oat Bar Bites are in tiny packages that easily fit into lunch boxes, purses, desk drawers, or anywhere else you may need a vegan snack. Kids and adults alike love these portable and nourishing oat bites. I personally find people tend to love the Lemon Poppyseed, the Stuff’d Peanut Butter and Jelly, the Apple Pie Stuff’d Bites, and the Original Bobo’s Oat Bite Bar. Each vegan oat bar bite has around 160 calories with a few grams of both protein and fiber. The wholesome oats in comination with the coconut oil will help keep you satisfied and help you meet nutritional needs.
- Louisville Vegan Jerky – If you’re a salty snacker, I suggest trying out Louisville Vegan Jerky that has 70 calories and 7 grams of protein per serving. The vegan jerky is quite salty and would not be a good option if you’re watching your sodium intake but if you’re a hearty snacker and not feeling like a snack bar, I think this vegan jerky is perfect. It’s tasty, chewy, and non-vegans don’t realize it’s vegan!
- Larabar Bar – Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip – Larabar’s were one of the original vegan snack bars made with few ingredients (usually only 2 or 3 ingredients) and remain one of the most reliable vegan snack bars out there. The plant-based snack bars have been soy-free and gluten-free since day one, which makes them and easily accessible longstanding vegan snack. With about 200 calories per bar, the date and nut based bars provide the perfect nutritional and taste combination with 3 grams of fiber, 6 grams of protein, and delicious chocolate peanut goodness!
- Enlightened Bada Bean Bada Boom Roasted Broad (Fava) Bean Snack – Enlightened Bean Snacks are some of my favorite snacks to recommend because not only do they taste amazing but they are high in fiber and protein with 5 grams of fiber and 7 grams of protein in one tiny 100 calorie bag! It’s a total win-win for those of you looking for a salty, crunchy snack made from real plant-based foods. This vegan snack is sure to be a hit with the entire family!
- FBOMB – Macadamia & Pecan Nut Butter Fat Bomb – For those of you looking for low carb vegan snack options, I definitely recommend checking out FBOMB – which stands for fat bomb. The individual packets are right around 200 calories each made up primarily of macadamia nuts in the nut butter variations or MCT oil in the original fat bomb varieties. The Macadamia and Pecan Nut Butter Fat Bomb has 3 grams of fiber and 2 grams of protein from energy dense macadamia nuts. This is a great portable fat option to help you stay satisfied!
There you have it – a variety of vegan plant-based snack options with less than 200 calories to help you meet your nutritional needs without going overboard on excess calories. Which snack are you looking forward to trying? Let me know in the comments below because I don’t know about you, but I had a hard time picking a favorite here! They are all great vegan snack options for different reasons!