Some flavors of Lays Potato Chips are vegan while others are not. Instead of wasting all that time looking at food labels while grocery shopping or planning your vegan snack stockpile, I’ve provided the flavors of vegan Lays below.
Everyone eats vegan for different reasons, but if you are more of a predominately plant-based eater, the milk based ingredients in the chips may not be of concern to you. If you are 100% vegan, it’s important to know that milk derivatives can show up in sneaky places …especially when it comes to various chip flavors!
As with many chips, some flavors include whey, sodium caseinate, powdered cheese, milk, or other milk based ingredients. Sometimes it’s a bit more obvious (for example obviously Cheddar and Sour Cream Lays are not vegan) and other times it’s hard to tell (like in Lays Kettle Cooked Sea Salt and Vinegar – note – the traditional Lays Sea Salt and Vingear are vegan)….see how the plant-based snacking world can get a bit confusing? I’m here to help you navigate….may you find all of your Lays vegan chip desires below. 🙂
Vegan Lays Potato Chip Flavors:
- Bar-B-Que Lays
- Classic Lays Potato Chips
- Deli Style Lays
- Lightly Salted BBQ Lays
- Dill Pickle Lays
- Lightly Salted Classic Lays
- Limon Lays
- Kettle Cooked Lays Original
- Kettle Cooked Lays Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper
Non-Vegan Lays Potato Chip Flavors:
- Cheddar and Sour Cream Lays
- Chile Limon Lays
- Flamin’ Hot Lays
- Honey BBQ Lays
- Sea Salt and Vinegar Lays
- Sweet Southern Heat Barbeque Lays
- Kettle Cooked Lays Honey Chipotle
- Kettle Cooked Lays Jalapeno (note: if you’re looking for a vegan jalapeno kettle cooked chip, I recommend trying out
- Kettle Cooked Lays Maui Onion
- Kettle Cooked Lays Mesquite BBQ
- Kettle Cooked Lays Sea Salt and Vinegar
Hopefully that helps you when deciding if Lays are vegan and which would be great vegan Lays flavors to try!
I’m curious, which is your favorite flavor of vegan Lays? I personally like to much on the kettle cooked sea salt and cracked black pepper Lays with a ginormous vegan sammie – like a tempeh BLT or a chickpea chicken salad sammie!