Everyone is familiar with the Doritos brand. They make an appearance at backyard barbecues, family picnics, movie and date nights, road trips across the country and just about everything in between. If you’ve loved Doritos for the nostalgia and satisfying crunch with that salty craveable taste, you may be curious….but are there any vegan Doritos flavors?? The good news is yes! There are three vegan Doritos flavors! Which is actually more than we thought at the Vegan’s Pantry as it does seem like most Doritos flavors contain cheese and would not be vegan. However, these golden three Doritos flavors are listed below so you can find them and get back to that nostalgic noshin’!
Vegan Doritos Flavors:
The three Dorito flavors above are vegan and do not contain any milk, whey, cheese, or other dairy/animal products. This is based on the ingredient list at the time of posting and manufacturer may change suppliers or recipe, so please be sure to double check label when you buy these vegan Doritos if you have a food allergy. And hopefully, more vegan Doritos flavors will join this list at some point soon. For convenience sake, I’ll also list the non-vegan Doritos flavors if you are curious…
Non-Vegan Dorito Flavors include:
- DORITOS® COOL RANCH® Flavored Tortilla Chips
- DORITOS® COLLISIONS™ BLAZE® and Ultimate Cheddar
- DORITOS® Flamin Hot® Nacho Flavored Tortilla Chips
- DORITOS Poppin’ Jalapeno® Flavored Tortilla Chips
- DORITOS® Nacho Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chips
- DORITOS® Spicy Nacho Flavored Tortilla Chips
- DORITOS® FLAMAS® Flavored Tortilla Chips
- DORITOS® JACKED™ Ranch Dipped Hot Wings Flavored Tortilla Chips
- DORITOS® Taco Flavored Tortilla Chips
- DORITOS® TAPATIO® Flavored Tortilla Chips
- Doritos Blazin’ Buffalo & Ranch® Flavored Tortilla Chips
- Simply Organic Spicy White Cheddar Flavored Tortilla Chips
- Simply Organic White Cheddar Flavored Tortilla Chips
The above 13 flavors of Doritos are not vegan and have some kind of milk ingredient. Most of the milk products used in Doritos chips are cheese, milk solids, and whey.
If you are following a vegan diet or have any kind of milk product intolerance or allergy, avoid the majority of Doritos flavors and aim for the three flavors at the top or choose a different tortilla chip all together. As a reminder, plain tortilla chips are vegan and a great way to avoid extra additives.